Put your love of being outdoors to work and earn money by joining the team of a local community storm water division and help improve the environmental quality of the community at the same time!
The purpose of this position is to perform manual and entry level work as part of a crew engaged in the maintenance and upkeep of storm water channels and roadside rights-of-ways within the city.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform litter removal duties.
- Remove debris from storm water channels, roadside right-of-ways.
- Work in a manner safe to the individual and public.
- Follow safety rules and utilize safe work practices.
- Use safety equipment as required and prudent.
- Specific duties and other responsibilities may vary.
- May be required to lift and carry 25-50 lbs at times.
- Will be required to walk, stoop, stand, and some climbing over uneven ground surfaces.
- Watch out for the safety of co-workers; this is a team environment.
- Frequent exposure of up to 80% of work time to dirt, dust, ambient temperatures, noise, and odors.
- Exposure to hazards associated with equipment, machinery, upgraded terrain at construction sites, insect bites, poisonous plants, and moving vehicles on roadways.
- Work may be performed in inclement weather.
- Must have the stamina to exert self throughout the day in all weather conditions.
- Must pass drug screen and background check